Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup finely chopped sweet red or green pepper
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into six ½-in.-thick patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan.
- Place burgers over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe! Yum