Gluten Free Anadama Bread Recipe is a great recipe. I love the sweetness that the molasses offers. The cornmeal also brings a great depth to the bread too! Serve it with apple butter or with jam you are sure to love it!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- ¾ cup cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Grease an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan and sprinkle with gluten-free flour; set aside.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the eggs, oil, molasses, vinegar and yeast mixture. Gradually beat in the flour, cornmeal, xanthan gum and salt. Beat on low speed for 1 minute. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. (Dough will be softer than yeast bread dough with gluten.)
- Transfer to prepared pan. Smooth the top with a wet spatula. Cover and let rise in a warm place until dough reaches the top of pan, about 40 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes; cover loosely with foil. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown. Turn oven off. Leave bread in oven with door ajar for 15 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Gluten Free Recipes:
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!