This is a delicious recipe and so moist! I love adding a little citrus to chocolate. It is a great dessert option and I love the walnuts too! Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- ¾ cup shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp orange peel, grated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped apricots
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1½ cups baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9×13 baking pan.
- In large mixer bowl, beat shortening, sugars and eggs until light and fluffy. Add orange peel and vanilla; blend well.
- Stir in flours, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chopped apricots, walnuts, and baking cocoa.
- Spread mixture into greased pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then cut into bars.
This is a guest post written by Rachel Kokosenski. She is the Stockpiling Moms Gluten Free and Casein Free recipe expert.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Aspergers Syndrome. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf (gluten free and casein free) diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.