Gluten Free Coconut Shrimp with Mango Curry Dip is so good! I love coconut shrimp which is funny because I am really not a fan of coconut! However I think the combination of the shrimp and coconut is great combination. This would make a great appetizer at a party or the holiday’s.
It is a tasty summer treat of coconut shrimp with the flavors of curry and mango. I reserve shrimp for special occasions until I find it on manager’s special and then I am sure to stockpile!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Gluten Free Coconut Shrimp + Mango Curry Dip
A tasty summer treat of coconut shrimp with the flavors of curry and mango.
- 24 fresh or frozen jumbo shrimp in shells
- 1 cup gluten-free mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp mango preserves
- 1 tsp curry powder
- canola spray
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 egg whites, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp and remove tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- For dip, in a small bowl stir together the mayonnaise, mango preserves, and curry powder. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Spray cookie sheet with canola oil and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine shredded coconut, coconut flour, sugar, and salt.
- Place egg whites in a small bowl.
- Dip shrimp into egg whites; coat shrimp with coconut mixture, pressing the mixture onto shrimp.
- Arrange shrimp on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until shrimp is pink and coconut is golden. Serve with dip.
Recipe adapted from "Baked Coconut Shrimp with Curried Apricot Sauce" from Better Homes and Gardens New Cookbook.
Other Seafood Recipes You May Enjoy: