There is nothing better than Lemon Bread. It is perfect for breakfast, brunch or for dessert. I love to serve it with lemon curd, jam or even clotted cream. This recipe freezes well too! Perfect for company or yourself with hot tea. Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 cup organic vegetable shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 5 eggs, beaten
- grated rind and juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- Put all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden and firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
This is a guest post written by Rachel Kokosenski. She is the Stockpiling Moms Gluten Free and Casein Free recipe expert.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Aspergers Syndrome. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf (gluten free and casein free) diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.