This is a great side dish or meal! Of course you can’t go wrong with potatoes and bacon. You can serve this with salad or veggies and gluten free bread for a complete meal. It is great with leftover mashed potatoes too! Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 4 cups cooked, mashed potato
- ½ cup coconut milk (the type in the carton)
- Full package of nitrate-free bacon
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Canola Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Peel and slice potatoes; boil for approximately 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Saute bacon until crispy; pat dry of grease. Then, cut into small pieces or crumble by hand.
- Mash potatoes with hand masher or large fork.
- Put the potato, pepper, salt, coconut milk, and bacon in large bowl and mix well.
- Spread potato mixture evenly into the pie pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the top has become lightly browned.
This is a guest post written by Rachel Kokosenski. She is the Stockpiling Moms Gluten Free and Casein Free recipe expert.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Aspergers Syndrome. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf (gluten free and casein free) diet. Please visit her blog to learn more.