If you love Grilled Cheese you are going to love this recipe. I love the added peppers because it is a great way to sneak in some veggies. It is a great vegetarian option. Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 4 slices rye bread with caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¾ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Butter one side of each slice of bread with ½ teaspoon butter; set aside. In a small skillet, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Spoon onto two bread slices; top with cheese and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with remaining butter.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!