I wanted to share with you some tips for how to start freezer cooking. This is going to be a week long series.
Why Does Freezer Cooking Work?
1. It reduces food waste – you are less likely to purchase ingredients that you won’t use and end up throwing them away
2. It saves money – my planning your meals and preparing them in advance you will save money
3. It improves nutrition – if you have meals ready “bake” nightly you will be less tempted to go out to dinner and will send up eating better
4. It enhances family time – by eliminating the “time” from nightly food preparation you are able to enjoy your family time more and be less stressed out
5. It improves food safety – by freezer cooking you are less likely to endure a food borne illness (the freezing process will aid in the elimination of bacteria growth)
If you are new to the concept of monthly menu planning this post will help you get started:
If you are new (or even experienced) to freezer cooking: