This is a perfect recipe for Mother’s Day. I love that you can spell out whatever you want with the batter to send a special message to your loved ones. Even though at my house it mainly me making them. Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine the pancake mix, water, syrup, butter and cinnamon. Pour batter into a plastic squirt bottle. Squeeze batter into desired letters and shapes onto a greased hot griddle. When underside is browned, turn pancakes and cook until second side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, water and butter. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve with flapjacks.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: