Check out this cute recipe for Monkey Cupcakes! If you have kids they will love this one! So easy to make too! A special after school treat or great idea for a party. I think it would be cute at a baby shower. Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- 24 vanilla wafers
- Black and red decorating gel
- 48 pastel blue and/or green milk chocolate M&M’s
- 12 Nutter Butter cookies
- Prepare batter and bake according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- Set aside ¼ cup frosting. Frost cupcakes with remaining frosting. With a serrated knife, cut off and discard a fourth of each vanilla wafer. Place a wafer on each cupcake, with the rounded edge of wafer near edge of cupcake, for face. Add dots of black gel for nostrils. With red gel, pipe on mouths.
- Place M&M’s above wafers for eyes; add dots of black gel for pupils. Using reserved frosting and a #16 star tip, pipe hair. Carefully separate cookies; cut each in half. Position one on each side of cupcakes for ears. Yield: 2 dozen.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: