Found on Pinterest
Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later!
- 9 small to medium oranges
- 6 (3 oz.) boxes gelatin, one in each of 6 colors (lemon, orange, strawberry, lime, berry blue, grape)
- Water to make gelatin
- Cut each orange in half. Remove orange sections, leaving the “cup” of rind. Continue until all 9 oranges are cut in half and scooped out (so 18 orange cups are ready). Set orange cups in muffin tins to keep each upright. Set aside.
- Prepare six flavors of gelatin according to package directions, one at a time. With each flavor, fill 3 orange cups, filling up to the edge of the cup. Pour leftover gelatin into a food storage container and refrigerate to use as desired later. Repeat until all 6 flavors are made and all 18 orange cups are filled.
- Carefully place muffin tins into the refrigerator and chill at least 4 hours (overnight is better) until fully set.
- Remove each orange cup from the muffin tin and, using a sharp knife, slice into three wedges. Continue until all orange cups are sliced into colorful wedges. Place wedges on a serving platter in rainbow-color order (light to dark).
- Serve immediately, or return plate of wedges to the refrigerator until serving time.
- Suggestion: Use an electric citrus juicer and turn the pulp into juice for later. Also, if you want more than 54 wedges, just use more oranges. You have plenty of leftover gelatin to fill them.
Thanks Tablespoon.com for the image and recipe.
Other ideas you may like:
DIY Twix Bars (1000 Dollar Bars)
Are you new to Pinterest? Check out this post Pinterest 101.
See past Pinterest Pin of the Day Posts.
Be sure to follow Stockpiling Moms on Pinterest for more inspiration!