I love Apple Salsa with Cinnamon Chips. It is a healthy snack! It is a favorite for my boys too. It is a great way to get additional fruits in your diet in the form of a snack. Perfect for after school or lunchboxes too! You can make the chip with whole wheat tortillas too!
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly, melted
- 8 flour tortillas (7 or 8 inches)
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine apples, strawberries and kiwi. Grate orange peel to measure 1-1/2 teaspoons; squeeze juice from orange. Add peel and juice to apple mixture. Stir in brown sugar and jelly.
- For chips, brush tortillas lightly with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 cups salsa.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy:Yum