I love this healthy snack! It is a favorite for my boys too. It is a great way to get additional fruits in your diet in the form of a snack. Perfect for after school or lunchboxes too! You can make the chip with whole wheat tortillas too! Be sure to PIN this recipe so you have it when you are ready to prepare.
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly, melted
- 8 flour tortillas (7 or 8 inches)
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine apples, strawberries and kiwi. Grate orange peel to measure 1-1/2 teaspoons; squeeze juice from orange. Add peel and juice to apple mixture. Stir in brown sugar and jelly.
- For chips, brush tortillas lightly with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 cups salsa.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: