Cajun Blackened Fish Tacos are so delicious and easy to prepare. This recipe is perfect for Lent or Mardi Gras. This could be gluten free if you used corn tortilla or a gluten free flour tortilla. You could also make this a clean dish by removing the tortilla and enjoying it on a bed of lettuce. I love all of the spices that are used.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 tablespoons ground paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 salmon fillets, skin and bones removed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 soft tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream for garnishing taco
- Set oven to broil.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, basil and oregano.
- Brush salmon fillets on both sides with olive oil, and sprinkle evenly with the cayenne pepper mixture. Drizzle one side of each fillet with olive oil.
- Broil in oven 3 minutes per side.
- Squeeze lemon over fish before serving.
- Warm tortillas in microwave while fish are cooking. Place paper towels in between tortillas. Warm 20-30 seconds.
- Assemble lettuce on top of warm tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese on lettuce.
- Add ½ of salmon fillet, flaked apart.
- Add sour cream if desired.
Other Fish Recipes: