Chicken Divan is a great tasting recipe that is perfect for freezer cooking! I suggest making two each time. One to eat and the other to freeze. We LOVE this tasty recipe and I love that it is a complete meal with the vegetable included! I like to serve it with a salad and bread stick. Here is the recipe for the Master Recipe for the Roast Chicken to be used with this recipe.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli florets
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups Roast Chicken Master Mix
- 1 (8 oz) package cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup plain dry bread crumbs
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan or a 2-quart casserole with foil, leaving enough overhang to cover food, and seal foil. Butter foil. In a large saucepan, steam broccoli and cauliflower 4 minutes, until just tender. Arrange in bottom of baking pan. Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook 2 minutes, until light brown, stirring constantly. Stir in broth and milk, and cook about 5 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in ¼ cup of cheese. Add Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Pour ½ of sauce over broccoli and cauliflower. Sprinkle master chicken mix over sauce. Top with remaining sauce, then remaining cheese and bread crumbs. Cool, seal, label and freeze.
- Once frozen remove from pan and return to the freezer. To prepare for dinner, peel foil from Divan and place back into baking pan. Allow to thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, uncovered or until heated through.
Crockpot Freezer Meals: