Crockpot Chicken and Veggie Delight is perfect for the summer – so easy and doesn’t heat up your kitchen! Plus if you garden you will have fresh veggies to choose from! You can substitute with any veggie and if you want to make this vegetarian I would suggest tofu or potatoes instead of chicken. We like to serve over rice or quinoa. Enjoy!
Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Directions:
Combine all ingredients and freeze. Select vegetables that freeze well such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, green beans, peppers and onions. When you are ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight and add to slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- 1 32 oz Can of Die Fratelli Tomato Sauce (or brand of choice)
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Variety of Veggies, cut up - Peppers, Zucchini, Onion, Mushroom (whatever your family likes and you have on hand)
- Place chicken in crockpot
- Add veggies
- Add tomato sauce
- Add Basil and Oregano (I like fresh)
- Add water if necessary to cover.
- Cook on high heat for 1 hour and turn down to low for 3 hours
- Enjoy over a bed of rice