“Everything” Mashed Potato Casserole Recipe
Source: Originally published as “Everything” Mashed Potato Casserole in Reminisce October/November 2007
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- ½ cup butter, cubed
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Beat in the cream cheese, butter, milk, salt and pepper until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Spread sour cream over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese, bacon and chives. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!