Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes Recipe
Source: Originally published as Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p58
Recipe type: Gluten Free
Serves: 12 pancakes
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup gluten-free rice milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips, optional
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the rice milk, applesauce, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in bananas and chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour batter by ¼ cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!