Gluten Free Cornmeal Muffins are my favorite Southern comfort food. I have always enjoyed corn muffins far more than rolls. I grieved the loss of corn muffins and was thrilled when I found this recipe. It goes with most every entree, in my opinion. Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- ¾ cup fat-free milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1-1/2 cups cornmeal
- ½ cup amaranth flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- In a large bowl, beat the first five ingredients until well blended. Combine the cornmeal, amaranth flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended. Stir in corn and cheese.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use foil liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!