Gluten Free Flank Steak Pesto Rollups are delicious! An easy way to give your steak a lot of extra flavor! The pesto sauce really makes the dish. I love serving it with potato wedges and green beans.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- For the Pesto -
- ¾ cup fresh basil leaves
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 4 Tbsp freshly grated pecorino cheese (optional)
- 4 Tbsp boiling hot water
- 1-1½ lbs of beef flank steak
- Place basil, garlic, pine nuts, salt, and olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Remove to a bowl.
- Stir in the cheeses (if using).
- Add 4 Tbsp boiling hot water to sauce and stir to combine.
- Cut steak into strips about 2-3 inches wide. Lay them out on a plate, then top each steak strip with some pesto sauce.
- Roll up the meat, starting at the smaller end. Put toothpick through center to keep meat rollup together.
- Place on a medium-hot grill for about 3 minutes. Turn the roll over, cook another 3 minutes or until done to your satisfaction.
- Remove and serve with the side of your choice.
Gluten Free Recipes: