Gluten Free Rosemary Shortbread is the perfect addition to a gluten free tea party or for an afternoon treat. I love using fresh herbs in baking and this is a perfect example. I like the savory herbal twist on this cookie. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Here are some tips for growing an herb garden that you might enjoy.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 tsp gluten-free vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, beat coconut oil until smooth. Add sugar, salt, and vanilla; beat well until combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Add almond meal and beat on medium speed until well-blended. Add rosemary and mix well.
- Pat dough into a 7½-inch disk on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Prick shortbread with tines of fork and using a sharp knife, make shallow indentations where you will cut the shortbread into 12 pieces.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Slide parchment with shortbread onto a wire rack. Cool.
- Transfer to cutting board and cut into 12 wedges following the cut lines you made before baking.
Gluten Free Recipes: