Hot Bacon Macaroni Salad is a perfect potluck recipe! I like to cook my bacon in the oven because it reduces the fat and the clean up.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Hot Bacon Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) elbow macaroni
- 1/4 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in drippings until tender; remove with a slotted spoon. Add the sugar, flour, salt and pepper to the skillet; gradually stir in vinegar until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain macaroni. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, onion and celery. Drizzle with vinegar mixture. Add mushrooms and bacon; toss to coat. Garnish with radishes and parsley.
Courses Soup and Salads
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!