Lemonade Chicken Recipe
Source: Originally published as Lemonade Chicken in Country Woman July/August 2003, p33
Recipe type: Grilling
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ teaspoon minced fresh mint or ¼ teaspoon dried mint
- 4 pounds bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first five ingredients. Remove half of the marinade to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Grill 5-10 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear; basting and turning several times.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!