I am in love with this recipe for Orange-Ginger Pork Chops Recipe. I can imagine enjoying this during the summer with Three Cheese Grilled Potatoes and a salad. There is nothing better than the sweet and savory taste of ginger and orange together.
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root or you can use 1-2 drops ginger essential oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ cup sherry or chicken broth
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- ¾ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bone-in pork loin chop (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large saucepan, cook ginger and garlic in oil for 1 minute; remove from the heat. Stir in the sherry or broth, honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, orange peel and hot pepper sauce. Pour ½ cup into a small bowl; set aside. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side; basting occasionally with sauce or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
Other posts you may like:
DIY Twix Bars (1000 Dollar Bars)