Orange-Ginger Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root or you can use 1-2 drops ginger essential oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bone-in pork loin chop (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large saucepan, cook ginger and garlic in oil for 1 minute; remove from the heat. Stir in the sherry or broth, honey, soy sauce, sesame seeds, orange peel and hot pepper sauce. Pour 1/2 cup into a small bowl; set aside. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chops, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side; basting occasionally with sauce or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Recipe by STOCKPILING MOMS™ at http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2012/06/orange-ginger-pork-chops-recipe/