I found this recipe on pinterest and decided to share it with you. I have zucchini growing in my garden and once it is ready to harvest I will be looking for ways to prepare it. I love this idea!
- 1 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 egg
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- ¼ cup cheese (cheddar or Parmesan work the best)
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
- Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water- like when using frozen spinach; if you skip this part, the middle of the zucchini tots will be really soggy while the outside gets crispy and no one wants that.
- In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt and pepper.
- Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.
This came from Curious Country Cook.
Other ideas you may like:
DIY Twix Bars (1000 Dollar Bars)