Summer Veggie Subs Recipe
- 4 medium sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 2 loaves French bread (1 pound each), halved lengthwise
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups alfalfa sprouts
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 6 slices reduced-fat Swiss cheese, halved
- Broil peppers 4 in. from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place peppers in a large bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skin. Remove stems and seeds. Julienne peppers.
- Combine the mayonnaise, basil, parsley and tarragon; spread over bread bottoms. Top with spinach, cucumbers, sprouts, roasted peppers, tomatoes, avocados, turkey and cheese. Replace tops. Cut each loaf into six slices
Courses Sub/Main Dish
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!