Balsamic Chicken Pasta Salad Recipe
Source: Originally published as Balsamic Chicken Pasta Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p33
Recipe type: Salad
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped red onion
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup minced fresh basil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water; transfer to a large bowl. Add the chicken, tomatoes, onion, bacon and Gorgonzola cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk the oil, basil, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!