My favorite sandwich is the BTM – Bacon, Tomato and Mayonnaise Sandwich. It is NOT officially summer until I eat my first BTM – I honestly leave the “Lettuce” out on purpose :-) Anyway, I was super excited when we got our first ripe tomato and it went to good use today :-) I like to cook my bacon in the oven because it reduces the fat and the clean up.
This version is 100% Gluten Free too! I used Kinnikinnick bread.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 slices of bread, your choice (I chose Kinnikinnick gluten free)
- Hellmann's Mayonnaise - 100% gluten free
- 1 ripe tomato - fresh from the garden
- 3 slices of bacon - I like oscar mayer selects - without nitrates or nitrites
- Cook bacon until crisp - I like to bake mine
- Toast Bacon
- Add mayonnaise to both slices of bread (or only 1 if you prefer)
- Add 3 slices of bacon
- Add sliced tomato
- Top with slice of bread