Chili-Cheese Egg Rolls Recipe
Source: Originally published as Chili-Cheese Egg Rolls in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p41
Recipe type: Main
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the chili, cheese, onion and jalapeno. Place ¼ cup chili mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 8 egg rolls.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe! Yum