I was at my parents house visiting and my Mom made this amazing homemade fresh blueberry sauce or topping. We used it for topping on our ice-cream. It is so easy to make and best of all gluten free! You could also use it for pound cake, cheesecake, angel food cake, pancakes or waffles. This homemade blueberry sauce was yummy because she used fresh blueberries that she picked at a local farm.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice (remove seeds)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Wash and crush blueberries (slightly).
- Add sugar, lemon juice and salt. Mix well with a spoon.
- In a small saucepan, bring blueberry mixture to a boil. Boil 1 minute. Add Vanilla.
- Serve over pudding, cake, or ice-cream.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: