Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies Recipe
Source: Originally published as Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies in Healthy Cooking December/January 2010, p16
Recipe type: Gluten-Free
- ¼ cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 48 milk chocolate kisses
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, brown sugar and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, applesauce and vanilla (mixture will appear curdled).
- Combine the rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until slightly cracked. Immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!