Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Gluten-Free Sausage & Peppers Pasta
This is a quick, weeknight meal that won't heat up your kitchen too much for summer!
- 8 oz dried Gluten-Free penne pasta
- 12 oz Italian sausages, thickly sliced
- 2-4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 medium sweet peppers (red or yellow), cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup dried parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, slice the sausages. In a large skillet, cook sausage and sweet pepper in coconut oil over medium-heat until sausage is brown; drain.
- Add the broth and black pepper to skillet. Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour over pasta; add parsley, and stir gently to coat.
Adapted from "Bow Ties with Sausage and Sweet Peppers" recipe in Better Homes and Garden, New Cookbook, 14th Edition.