Granola Banana Sticks Recipe
Source: Originally published as Granola Banana Sticks in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p31
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 3 medium firm bananas
- 6 Popsicle sticks
- 2 crunchy oat and honey granola bars, crushed
- In a small saucepan, combine the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar and milk; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Peel bananas and cut in half widthwise; insert a Popsicle stick into one end of each banana half. Spoon peanut butter mixture over bananas to coat completely. Sprinkle with granola. Serve immediately or place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and freeze. Yield: 6 servings.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!