Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes are amazing! This is hands down the most requested recipe that I make. My family loves potatoes and since I found out I have Celiac Disease I use them as a staple in our house. I love that this recipe is naturally Gluten Free (just be sure your ingredients are). I personally use hormel bacon (Natural).
Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later! Use this tip on cooking your bacon in the oven to keep it crispy.
Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes
- 1/4 pound bacon, diced - I bake it first in the oven so that it is "done" and browned then I dice it and place in the crock pot.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 - 8 red potatoes, quartered (thinly sliced if using regular potatoes or if you use a new potato then halve)
- 1/2 pound cheddar cheese, thinly sliced (shredded is fine)
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional)
- Line crockpot with foil, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished - this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes.
- Layer half each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot. Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
- Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese. Dot with butter.
- Cover with remaining foil.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Do not use as much onion if using green onions. I only used a 1/2 an onion.
If you like this recipe you may also like:
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Sour Cream & Bacon Crockpot Chicken
- DIY Twix Bars
- Homemade Fruit Popsicles
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets
- DIY Uncrustables – How to Freeze PBJ’s
Ways to save at the store:
Weekly Deals at CVS
Weekly Deals at Kroger
Weekly Deals at Meijer
Weekly Deals at Walgreens
Weekly Deals at Walmart
Stockpile Time – Items that you should stockpile this week at all of the stores.