Pot of S’mores Recipe
Source: Originally published as Pot of S’mores in Taste of Home August/September 2009, p67
Recipe type: Grilled Dessert
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) whole graham crackers, crushed
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 16-18 charcoal briquettes or large wood chips.
- Line a Dutch oven with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of the pan. Pour milk over crust and sprinkle with chocolate and butterscotch chips. Top with marshmallows.
- Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash, place Dutch oven directly on top of six of them. Using long-handled tongs, place remaining briquettes on pan cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until chips are melted. To check for doneness, use the tongs to carefully lift the cover. Yield: 12 servings.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!