This is a great vegetarian dish. I love making it with vegetables from the farmers market for Melissa’s garden.
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, cut into ½-inch wedges
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian refried beans, warmed
- 12 taco shells, warmed
- 1 cup taco sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green peppers, onions, taco seasoning and oil. Arrange in a single layer on two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 475° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spread beans over half of each taco shell. Fill with vegetable mixture; drizzle with taco sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!
More Recipes You May Enjoy: