Baked Spaghetti is a favorite of my Father In Law. I wanted to share it with you as it is a great crowd pleaser. This recipe is a great stockpile recipe. I like to serve my spaghetti with Garlic Breadsticks.
A great money saving tip is that you can freeze cottage cheese too!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
Baked Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 4 cups (16 ounces) part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni for top - optional
- Vegetables - chopped onions, peppers, mushrooms - optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef, peppers, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce and seasoned salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Drain spaghetti; add to egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Place half of the spaghetti mixture in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the cottage cheese, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Uncover and add pepperoni on top if desired.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- I like to bake in individual oven safe bowls too.
You may enjoy these Spaghetti Recipes: