Crockpot Butternut Squash Chili is a great fall vegetarian recipe! Great for those who have lots of butternut squash in their garden. It is a healthy chili too! We love to make this as a freezer meal! I like to serve it with homemade garlic bread.
If you want to make this as a freezer meal – label ziploc bag with Add 1 Cup water and cook on Low 6-8 hours. Place all ingredients except water in ziploc bag. Freeze and when you want to make it, let it thaw overnight in the fridge. In the morning dump contents into slow cooker and add water. Stir and place lid on.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker.
- 1½ pounds Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed (uncooked)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces canned green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 T cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in Crockpot and cook on low 6 - 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
Simply dump all your ingredients into a freezer bag except water. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Dump ingredients into the slow cooker and add water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.Yum