This delicious Crockpot Butternut Squash Chili is a great fall vegetarian recipe! It is perfect for those who have lots of butternut squash in their garden. It is a healthy chili too. We love to make this as a freezer meal! This is a simple dump and go crockpot recipes. Simply dump all your ingredients into a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours. I love how easy this recipe is to make. It is so flavorful and hearty too. Your entire family is going to love this one.
Be sure that you invest in a good quality slow cooker. Our favorite is this programmable cook and carry 6qt oval slow cooker. If you haven’t purchased a programmable slow cooker you are really missing out. This is our go-to for cooking all of our freezer meals.
If you want to make this as a freezer meal just label a gallon size ziploc bag with add 1 cup water and cook on low 6-8 hours. Place all ingredients except water in ziploc bag. Freeze. When you want to make it, let it thaw overnight in the fridge. Simply dump all your ingredients into a freezer bag except water. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Dump ingredients into the slow cooker and add water. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
I like to serve this butternut squash chili with homemade garlic bread. Crockpot Butternut Squash Chili is an amazing freezer meal and good for you too! I love stretching the budget with beans and adding the additional fiber into your diet too!
- 1½ pounds Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed (uncooked)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces canned green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 T cilantro
- sour cream - optional for serving
- cheese - optional for serving
- Combine all ingredients in Crockpot and cook on low 6 - 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- To prepare as a freezer meal simply combine all ingredients except water into a freezer safe container. Place in the freezer. When ready to prepare thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Place ingredients from bag into slow cooker and add water. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high for 4 hours.