Crockpot Butternut Squash Chili is a great fall vegetarian recipe! Great for those who have lots of butternut squash in their garden. It is a healthy chili too!
If you want to make this as a freezer meal – label ziploc bag with Add 1 Cup water and cook on Low 6-8 hours. Place all ingredients except water in ziploc bag. Freeze and when you want to make it, let it thaw overnight in the fridge. In the morning dump contents into slow cooker and add water. Stir and place lid on.
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 1½ pounds Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces canned green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 3 T chili powder
- 1 T cilantro
- Combine all ingredients in Crockpot and cook on low 6 – 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
If you like this recipe you may also like:
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole
- Sour Cream & Bacon Crockpot Chicken
- DIY Twix Bars
- Homemade Fruit Popsicles
- Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets
- DIY Uncrustables – How to Freeze PBJ’s