Crockpot Lasagna is a Sunday favorite for our family. I like to serve with Garlic Breadsticks and a huge tossed salad. This is always a crowd pleaser for my boys. I hope you enjoy this one as much as we do! Best of all this is a great vegetarian recipe. I love to cook meatless several times a week because it is a great money saver and pasta is a great way to do that! Of course you are always welcome to add meat the the recipe too! If you are going to do that I suggest that you brown the meat with the onion and continue on with the recipe.
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.
- Spoon one-fourth of sauce mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit.
- Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sauce mixture.
- Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sauce mixture.
- Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into pieces.
More Crockpot Recipes: