Crockpot Lasagna is a Sunday favorite for our family. I like to serve with Garlic Breadsticks and a huge tossed salad. This is always a crowd pleaser for my boys. I hope you enjoy this one as much as we do! Best of all this is a great vegetarian recipe. I love to cook meatless several times a week because it is a great money saver and pasta is a great way to do that! Of course you are always welcome to add meat the the recipe too! If you are going to do that I suggest that you brown the meat with the onion and continue on with the recipe.
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 cans (15 ounces each) Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses.
- Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.
- Spoon one-fourth of sauce mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit.
- Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sauce mixture.
- Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sauce mixture.
- Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sauce mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut into pieces.
- If preparing as a freezer meal - Simply place all ingredients into a freezer safe bag except for your tomato sauce and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Freeze. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight and place into the slow cooker. Add sauce and reserve cheese until the last 10 minutes.
More Crockpot Recipes: