Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
Yield 6 -8
- Dough Mixture
- 2 1/2 cups Pamela’s Ultimate Baking Mix, plus extra for the counter
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Cinnamon Filling
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Frosting Ingredients
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and coat a 9-inch round baking pan or baking sheet with butter or vegetable spray.
- Make the cinnamon filling first.
- Melt the butter, then mix with the remaining the ingredients.
- Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Set aside.
- Next make the dough.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter, then mix with the buttermilk in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and combine with a spatula or spoon.
- Use a lot of flour to coat either a large cutting board or the counter top. Turn the dough out onto the counter top and begin to flatten into a rectangle.
- The dough will be very sticky so continue to sprinkle more flour while flattening the dough.
- Make the rectangle around 12 inches long and about 8 or 9 inches wide. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and brush over the top of the dough, then spread the cinnamon mixture over the top.
- Gently pat into the dough.
- Start rolling the long end of the dough into a giant cylinder.
- After all the dough is rolled, take a knife and cut the roll into 8 sections.
- After all the rolls are in the pan, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and brush it over the top of the rolls.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare the frosting while the cinnamon rolls are baking.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar in with the melted butter.
- Stir until creamy and combined.
- Let the cinnamon rolls cool for around 5-10 minutes, then apply frosting to the top the rolls.
Recipe by STOCKPILING MOMS™ at http://www.stockpilingmoms.com/2012/08/gluten-free-cinnamon-rolls/