Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2½ lbs red potatoes, skins on or off (your choice)
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup gluten-free, all-purpose flour
- 1 14-oz can of chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free mayonaise (I use Trader Joe’s)
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Slice potatoes about ¼-inch thick; place in bowl of cold water so they won’t turn brown.
- Melt 1 Tbsp coconut oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until they are tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Layer the potato slices and cooked onions in your prepared baking dish.
- Using the same saucepan, melt the 3 Tbsp of coconut oil and whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the broth. Add the mayonaise, salt, and pepper and continue to whisk until sauce is thick and bubbly (looks like a thick cheese sauce).
- Pour the sauce evenly over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle paprika lightly across the top of the dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
This is a guest post written by Rachel Kokosenski. She is the Stockpiling Moms Gluten Free and Casein Free recipe expert.
Rachel is the mother of a son with Aspergers Syndrome. She and her family began eating a gluten-free, casein-free diet in November 2011. Not long after, she discovered that she too was intolerant of gluten and has happily enjoyed discovering new ways to find delicious ways to enjoy eating a gfcf (gluten free and casein free) diet. Please visit her blog or contact her through Facebook or Twitter to learn more.