Trust me you will think these Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Scalloped Potatoes actually have a wonderful cream sauce on them! If you add some diced ham and it can easily be a main dish. My family and friends LOVE the holidays when I prepare this amazing side dish recipe!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2½ lbs red potatoes, skins on or off (your choice)
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- ¼ cup gluten-free, all-purpose flour
- 1 14-oz can of chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp gluten-free mayonaise (I use Trader Joe’s)
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Slice potatoes about ¼-inch thick; place in bowl of cold water so they won’t turn brown.
- Melt 1 Tbsp coconut oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and saute until they are tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Layer the potato slices and cooked onions in your prepared baking dish.
- Using the same saucepan, melt the 3 Tbsp of coconut oil and whisk in the flour until smooth.
- Gradually whisk in the broth. Add the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper and continue to whisk until sauce is thick and bubbly (looks like a thick cheese sauce).
- Pour the sauce evenly over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle paprika lightly across the top of the dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
Gluten Free Recipes: