Football season has kicked off and here is a great game day recipe for a Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Football or Cheeseball recipe that I found on Pinterest and adapted into this recipe. This recipe could be made into a traditional “ball” or any other shape.
Remember if you like this post then “Pin It” – it is a great way to bookmark the ideas, recipes, DIY, crafts and tips that will help you later!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Football or Cheeseball
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter (best not to use "natural")
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup regular chocolate chips
- 1 bag Mini chocolate chips for the outside of the football
- White frosting for the football laces or orange for the basketball
- Cream together softened butter, brown sugar, cream cheese, and peanut butter until mixed.
- Add vanilla
- Add powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, and mix until combined (add more if necessary)
- Stir in chocolate chips and chopped peanuts
- Spoon mixture onto a large piece of saran wrap and place into the refrigerator for up to 1 hour.
- Shape into desired shape (football, basketball or ball)
- Cover with mini chocolate chips and transfer to serving plate with a large spatula.
- Use white frosting to draw on "laces" to the football if desired or orange if making a basketball.
- Serve with graham crackers (gluten free or regular)
Adapted from recipe found at crazyforcrust.com
You may also like: