Slow Cooker Seafood Gumbo is the perfect for Lent (without the bacon), Mardi Gras or any day of the week! You will love this one and of course anytime you add bacon it is gotta be good
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- ½ pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced (1½ cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped (1½ cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 2 t kosher salt
- 1 t dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound large raw shrimp
- 1 pound fresh or frozen crab meat
- 1 10-ounce box frozen okra, thawed and sliced crosswise into ½ inch pieces
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Discard all but a thin coating of fat from the skillet.
- Add the celery, onion, green pepper, and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Spoon the vegetables into the cooker and add the broth, tomatoes (with their liquid), Worcestershire, salt, and thyme.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 4 hours, or on high for 2 hours.
- Add the shrimp, crab meat, and okra, and cook 1 hour longer on low heat or ½ hour longer on high.
Seafood Recipes You May Enjoy: