This is a great side dish that is perfect with veggies from your garden or the farmer’s market.
Squash Casserole Side Dish Recipe
Source: Originally published as Squash Casserole Side Dish in Country Woman March/April 1990, p33
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 cups chopped yellow summer squash or zucchini
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, oil and biscuit mix. Stir in the chili peppers, onion, garlic and half the cheese. Stir in squash.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes; sprinkle with reserved cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.