This is a delicious vegetarian penne recipe. You can add any veggies that you like or have in season.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion, summer squash, zucchini, mushrooms and garlic in butter until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, seasonings and cream until smooth; add to the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta and add to vegetable mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Thank You Taste Of Home for the picture and recipe!