I love this simplicity of this Classic Steak de Burgo recipe! I added peppers to it because I had them fresh from my garden. It was a big hit at our house! If you are looking for an easy dinner recipe this is it!
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3, TBSP snipped fresh basil
- 4, 4 oz beef tenderloin steaks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3, cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1, TBSP olive oil
- 1, cups fresh mushrooms quartered (about 6 oz)
- 1 green pepper sliced
- In a small bowl combine 3 TBSP butter and 2 TBSP basil; set aside.
- Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet cook and stir garlic in hot olive oil and remaining 1 TBSP butter over medium-low heat 4 to 6 minutes or until just brown. With a slotted spoon remove garlic from skillet. Increase heat to medium-high; add remaining 1 TBSP basil.
- Cook steaks in skillet turning once.
- Allow 10 to 13 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness. Transfer to serving platter; top each with butter-basil mixture.
- Add mushrooms and green peppers to skillet. Cook and stir until tender and brown about 3 minutes. Spoon vegetables over steaks.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: