Shredded Chicken is a staple for Freezer Cooking dishes. Making Shredded Chicken in batches saves time and money by preparing in bulk. I love to pick up chicken from manager’s special to use for freezer cooking. It is a great way to save both time and money!
Several freezer meals this is an ingredient:
Be sure to “PIN” this great recipe so you will have it when you are ready to make it. Please follow us on Pinterest and enjoy hundreds of recipes, crafts, party planning ideas, gardening, DIY and more.
- 5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of 3 large lemons
- 1 tablespoon paprika (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Place in a large roasting pan.
- In a separate container, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over chicken breasts and use a fork or your hands to toss until completely coated.
- Bake uncovered on middle rack 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool 20 minutes.
- Use 2 forks or a knife and fork to shred chicken breasts completely.
- Divide into 10-15 small sandwich-size freezer bags, remove the air, seal, and roll up tightly.
- Place these smaller portions into larger gallon freezer bags, and label accordingly.
- Will keep well up to 1 year.
- To use, simply remove the amount of smaller portions you need and transfer to refrigerator for thawing, heat in microwave, or add to your dish.
More Freezer Meals: