Shredded Chicken is a staple for Freezer Cooking dishes. Making Shredded Chicken in batches saves time and money by preparing in bulk. I love to pick up chicken from manager’s special to use for freezer cooking. It is a great way to save both time and money! You can also use split chicken breasts to save money.
Several freezer meals this is an ingredient:
Easy Freeze Slow Cooker Directions:
Combine all ingredients into a freezer safe bag. When ready to cook thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Cook on low for 8 hours. Shred with two forks and then use in recipes. This is a freezer meal staple ingredient.
Divide into quart size freezer bags, remove the air and seal tightly. Place these smaller portions into larger gallon freezer bags, and label accordingly. Freeze. To use, simply remove the amount of smaller portions you need and transfer to refrigerator to thaw and add to your dish.
Weight Watchers Points Plus: 4 Points Per Serving (6 servings)
- 4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 2 large lemons
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Place in a large roasting pan.
- In a separate container, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and zest, paprika, oregano, garlic, and pepper.
- Pour over chicken breasts and use a fork or your hands to toss until completely coated.
- Bake uncovered on middle rack 30 to 40 minutes, or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool 20 minutes.
- Use 2 forks or a knife and fork to shred chicken breasts completely.
- Divide into 10-15 small sandwich-size freezer bags, remove the air, seal, and roll up tightly.
- Place these smaller portions into larger gallon freezer bags, and label accordingly.
- To use, simply remove the amount of smaller portions you need and transfer to refrigerator for thawing, heat in microwave, or add to your dish.
More Freezer Meals: