Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Crockpot Frito Pie
Recipe type: Entree
A great time-saver, packed with flavor!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2½ lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 15-oz can pinto beans, with liquid
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp gluten-free cornstarch
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 15 oz bag of Frito corn chips
- 16 oz salsa
- toppings of your choice (i.e. hot sauce, lettuce, guacamole, corn, dairy-free cheese, etc)
- Place chuck roast into crockpot.
- Combine chopped onion, beans, water, cumin, granulated onion, cornstarch, and cayenne pepper. Pour over top of roast in crockpot.
- Cover crockpot and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Remove meat from crockpot and using 2 forks, shred meat.
- Drain about half the liquid from the crockpot.
- Return shredded meat to the crockpot and stir so beans and juices will mix in.
- Place Fritos in individual bowls, add meat and your favorite toppings.
Recipe adapted from "Crockpot Frito Pie" recipe found at www.recipegoldmine.com.