Homemade Instant Oatmeal Packets are AMAZING and such an easy breakfast for busy mornings! By making your own homemade instant oatmeal packet you will save yourself a ton of money! You can also determine the ingredients you want to use. This is a great tip for back-to-school. Simply prep your packets and stash in your pantry. Each morning you can have breakfast ready in minutes!
My son loves to have oatmeal every morning or as an afternoon snack. This is a huge money saver for me. You can modify this recipe to be gluten free by using gluten free oats. This recipe can be microwaved or cooked on the stove depending on what type of oats you use. I love how easy they are to make and they save me both time and money in the morning.
You can include some additional items like blueberries, strawberries or bananas that you can add after they are cooked. You can choose if you want to add a sweetener like brown sugar, honey, granulated sugar or sugar substitute. I like to add a splash of almond milk or coconut milk to mine after prepared. I hope you enjoy this great money saving easy breakfast idea! Trust us you will be glad you did! If your family loves to eat oatmeal for breakfast this is tip is for you!
OATMEAL RECIPE ROUNDUP
- ½ cup oats
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar, granulated sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBSP chocolate chips
- 2 TBP raisins
- 2 TBP craisins
- Mix dry ingredients into a ziploc bag and place in pantry.
- When ready to prepare:
- Pour instant oatmeal packet into a bowl and add ¾ cup water.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, until cooked.
- Stir and serve.
- You can also cook in a saucepan on the stove, if you prefer.
- To make gluten free use gluten free oats and follow package directions for preparation.
Other Recipes You May Enjoy: