I am asked all of the time how do I save money at King’s Island. I think the best answer to that is to invest into a season pass. If you think you will go to Kings’ Island and or the Water park at least twice in a season then it is worth investing in a season pass. If you don’t want to invest in a pass you can purchase discounted King’s Island tickets at Kroger and online at VisitKingsIsland.com.
Why? Free parking is included in the cost of the season pass, you don’t have to feel obligated to stay all day and you can get in early for specific rides with the season pass admission. We personally like to arrive for the early ride time then head over to the water park and we are ready to leave by 3:00 pm. There is no obligation for us to stay all day and with our pass it is a great summer fun activity.
Right now you can renew your pass or purchase a gold pass for next season for a total of $79.99 or 6 payments of $13.33 a pass. That is a great deal. If you are looking for an awesome Christmas present I highly suggest the gold pass. I bought them for my niece and nephew and they were thrilled.
How to save money at Kings Island
1. Pack Water Bottle Waters (1 per person) and bring them inside to the park
2. Pack a cooler and picnic outside of the park to save money
3. Pack snacks to eat on the way home so you don’t have to stop
4. Purchase the refillable cups and then purchase a wristband for unlimited refills while you are at the park. One wrist band can fill as many refillable cups as you have (even from past seasons)
5. Purchase the refillable tubs and then pay for a refill (cotton candy or popcorn) when you are at the park.
6. Take advantage of the season pass discounts on meals and inside of the park
7. If you have a food allergy or gluten intolerance or Celiac Disease you can bring your own food into the park – however they now offer Gluten Free Pizza option too!
8. Take advantage of the new Kings Island Fun Perks – UPDATE this is no longer an available program.
9. Bring your own glow sticks to save money if you are staying for the fireworks!
10. If you are not a season pass holder then purchase discounted tickets online before you go or at Kroger stores.
11. Ask for a free water or ice. You can go to most any concession stand and ask for free water and ice. The cups are really small but if you bring your own cup they will fill it for you. Another tip is to bring a MIO or other water flavor enhancer.
12. If you are coming up and can afford to spend the night you can enter the park the night before your ticketed admission for only $10 – check out this offer online. It is a good deal!
You may want to check out Shelley’s review of Great Wolf Lodge too! She has some great tips for saving money!
Be sure to follow our Stockpiling Moms Travel Pinterest Board.